This is our school building. There are 8 rooms and in the rooms is 1-8 beds so totally 19 beds. There is one kitchen for all our students, and it is full equipped. Conference room where we have classes, the basement is for working practical with hoofs, trim or if you want to see how they look inside this is the place!
The village Lingbo is a small community with about 400 people its 17km north of Ockelbo. It is placed very close to the nature if you take a walk for just 10 minutes you are in the forest, or a 10 minutes walk you are at a beach at the lake Lingan. Here you can swim or fish if you like that.
To come here we have a train station just 20 min walk from the school, we can pick you up if you prefer that. Take the train from Stockholm, or Arlanda if you come with a airplane.
From Stockholm train station it is about 230km to Lingbo and from Gävle station it is 65km. Lingbo is north, northwest of Gävle. Of course you can come with a car to and then you just use your GPS and you will find us at Verkstadsvägen 1, 81692 Lingbo Sweden.
This is a 2 days education for the person that want to know more about the feet of a horse, how they work and how we can take care of the hooves in the best of ways for the horse. Saturday and Sunday from nine am to four or five a clock in the afternoon. Theory and lots of practice on the hooves. You will know the hoof from inside and out. After the class you can take care of your own horses feet.
What we go through
- SANHCP method
- Anatomy of the hoof
- Weigh point
- Balanced hoof
- Not balanced hoof
- Different problem for the horse when the hoof is not in balance
- Problems with the muscular when the hoof is not good
- The bar and what it does for the horse
- Some common problems that the vet is talking about, like coffin bone rotation, sinker or founder.
- The whole horse
- What does the science say?
- Protect the hoof when the horse is needing it, boots
- Tools what to use
- How to trim first theoretically and then we practise
In this price you will get: A interesting education, documentation, breakfast, lunch and coffee/ tea brake in the afternoon, 1 night between Saturday and Sunday. See what date we have this classes here
Professional hoof trimmer
This distant education is one year with self-study.
You will come to us 4 times during this year for weekend classes in Lingbo, totally of 9 days, you will have classes on Zoom the other times for lectures.
During these days you will go through:
- Start of the term – three days (Friday to Sunday)
Hoof sickness and deformation – two days (Sat – Sun)
- The Horse, the Hoof and the health – two days (Sat – Sun)
- Practise on a trimming class – two days (Sat – Sun)
- Professor Robert Bowker – two days (Sat – Sun)
- Work with a mentor during the education
- At least 100 trimmings (4hoofs times 100) that you do a journal for
- Essay about 1 week of work 5 pages
- Degree (practise and theoretic test) one day
- The whole education is on 833 hours.
- To be accepted for this training you have to:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have a driver’s license
- Have done a trimming class not more than 5 years ago
- Have done the student practice (ocular inspected and have documents for 30 horses, you will have the information about this when you sign up for the class)
Content of the block classes
Hoof sickness and deformation
- Animal prodection law
- Founder deformation
- Coffin bone rotation
- The hoof is landing on its toe
- Wall flare
- High heel
- Long toe
- Wall flare, not in balance
- White line disease
- Different ways of treating this
The Horse, the Hoof and the health
- The anatomy and function of the stomach
- Feed straw feed
- Feed /concentrate
- Feed supplements
- Conservation of feed, methods and problems
- Herbs for horses’ medicine/supplements
- Feed related sickness
- Green fields
- Leg frame
- Parasites on horses
- Feed restrictions, automatic/net/muzzle
- Feed state calculation
Cost and sign up
This education cost 65 000Skr.
It will cost extra fort the books.
- Professor Robert M Bowker VMD, PhD Michigan State University MSU · Department of Pathobiology
- 86 published articles
- Written chapters in books.
- Care and Rehabilitation of the Equine Foot. 2007
- Equine Podiatry 2007
- The Essential Hoof Book 2018
- PhD, Neurobiology, University of Pennsylvania, PhD 1979
- VMD, Veterinary Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, VMD 1973
- BS, Biology/chemistry, Springfield College, BS 1969
- Post Doctoral Training, Marine Biomedical Institute, University of Texas
- Enteric nervous system in normal cows and those with displaced abomasum
- Functional anatomy of pain mechanism
- Organization of descending pathways to spinal cord
- Transmitters and inflammation within synovial membrane, lungs and skin
- Equine foot
- Navicular disease